This article was originally published on CBD Candy. To view the original article, click here.
Rapid was the growth of CBD to fame and CBD candies is one product within the CBD category that saw a quick rise to fame. CBD candy is infused with a healthy dose of CBD and its discreetness and ease of use increased its popularity.
What Are CBD Candies?
Taking any traditional candy and infusing it with CBD will give you a CBD candy that offers a flavorful and easy way of consuming CBD. According to the nature of the candy, full spectrum, broad spectrum or CBD isolate is added to it.
As the CBD candies fall in the category of ingestible CBD products, they are digested in the stomach prior to the absorption of CBD into the bloodstream. The involvement of the digestive system in processing CBD helps in increasing the time duration of CBD relief but it takes some time before CBD kicks in.
Related: What are the differences between CBD and THC? Click here for a comprehensive break down.
What Are The Benefits Offered By CBD Candy?
CBD is often associated with an unsavory taste, especially when it comes to products like CBD oils and tinctures that lack taste additives. CBD edibles mask the possible unpleasant taste and offer a delicious way of taking CBD. Here are some of the reasons behind the popularity of CBD candies.
- Delicious flavor – CBD candies are not a food product but the delicious flavors added to the candies makes them the favorite of people who are fond of flavored CBD products.
- A wide selection of available flavors– CBD candies are available in a number of flavors and you chose the flavor you love the most. Candies are available in flavors like strawberry, lemon, ginger, mint etc.
- Ease of use – The ease of use is the most popular advantage of CBD candies. All you have to do is pop a candy into your mouth, chew and then swallow it. The usage is quite easy even if you are in your office or in public places.
- Discreetness – What bothers CBD users the most is the prejudiced looks of the people around them while they use a CBD product. This is a matter of concern, especially when you use CBD at work or while in public places. The discreetness of CBD candies alleviates all of these worries because the candies are not going to invite the unwanted attention of the people around you.
- Longer lasting effects – As the digestive system processes the CBD in the CBD candy, the effects are probably going to last longer because CBD is released slowly into the bloodstream.
What are The Different Types Of CBD Candies?
To ensure the familiarity of the users with CBD candies, they are modeled in similar ways as that of traditional candies. Here is a list of different types of CBD candies.
- Hard candies – They are classic CBD edibles that do not go out of style.
- Saltwater taffies – The taffies are unique due to their characteristic taste and the people who are fond of saltwater taffies will definitely love the taste of these taffies infused with CBD.
- Gummies – Soft gummies are the favorite option in the CBD candy category and are made by infusing traditional gummies with CBD.
- Chocolate – If you are chocolate lover, CBD chocolate might probably be the best option you can choose. As chocolate is a tempting edible, be careful with the dosage of CBD.
Related: What health conditions could CBD candies help to treat? Click here to find out more.
What Are The Factors You Should Consider Before You Choose A CBD Candy Brand?
CBD candies are equally safe like other CBD products but to be double sure about the safety and quality of a CBD candy, you should put in some effort in analyzing the product. The market offers a multitude of options in CBD candies and not all of them will have the same quality. Always make sure that you choose products of reputed brands and check the product label thoroughly ensure that the THC content is less than 0.3%.
Full spectrum, broad spectrum and CBD isolate are the three spectrum options in CBD, and CBD candies can be made using any one of the three spectrum options. Full spectrum CBD contains all the phytochemicals in the hemp plant and thus will have THC too, but the percentage will be less than 0.3%. Broad spectrum CBD has all phytochemicals in hemp except THC. CBD isolate contains no other plant compound other than CBD and is considered the purest form of CBD. Understand the features of the spectrum options well before choosing a CBD candy. If the profession you are in, demands taking regular drug tests, better choose broad spectrum or CBD isolate candy.
CBD candy brands are coming with improved flavors and diverse products that suit all kinds of lifestyles perfectly.